I read this a few weeks ago and thought, "Yep. That just about covers it." Not all of it, of course, but on those days when I feel tired and lonely for familiar faces and places and I just want to know how much longer until I can rest, this hits the spot.
from Oh, the Places You'll Go:
I'm afraid that some times
you'll play lonely games too.
Games you can't win
'cause you'll play against you.
All Alone!
Whether you like it or not,
Alone will be something
you'll be quite a lot.
And when you're alone,
there's a very good chance
you'll meet things that scare you
right out of your pants.
There are some, down the road
between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much
you won't want to go on.
But on you will go
though the weather be foul
On you will go
though your enemies prowl
On you will go
though the Hakken-Kraks howl
Onward
up many a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.
On and on you will hike
and I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.
from Oh, the Places You'll Go:
I'm afraid that some times
you'll play lonely games too.
Games you can't win
'cause you'll play against you.
All Alone!
Whether you like it or not,
Alone will be something
you'll be quite a lot.
And when you're alone,
there's a very good chance
you'll meet things that scare you
right out of your pants.
There are some, down the road
between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much
you won't want to go on.
But on you will go
though the weather be foul
On you will go
though your enemies prowl
On you will go
though the Hakken-Kraks howl
Onward
up many a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.
On and on you will hike
and I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.
6 comments:
Is it silly that that quote made me tear up? I'm pathetic, I know.
Take heart Jen, you are doing amazing things for God's kingdom!
Pathetic?! Not at all. I'm the one who posted it in the first place and I tear up every time I reach the "on you will go" stanza. :)
Onward!! Good for you. We put your photo in our new digital photo frame so when it rotates through we pray for you.
I love this! Thank you for posting it.
Wiem kochanie, wiem! Czuję się ciebie! I now honey, I know! I feel with you and for you! I understand!!! The only reason to go onward is because it is not for our goal, but for His! Keep going my dear, dear sister! Keep going!!
Love you, my dear co-expatriot!
Alice
oh swear words. I cried too. Dangit.
Post a Comment