The Weather

13 April 2009

I had to change the "I bet my city is colder than your city" tag on the little weather gizmo at the bottom of the screen because for the last week or so, my city has most likely been warmer than your city, especially if you're one of my friends living in Colorado. :)

It has been lovely here. Lovelier than I thought it could be. There still isn't any green to be seen (although Heather mentioned little tufts of grass growing on the side of the driveway today), but the guards at our building have been doubling as gardners and working at the sad plot of dirt in front of our building. They've cut off the upper branches of some very dry-looking bushes and I think they're going to start watering soon. I've been told that nothing more fragile than a weed survives out here, but as the saying goes, "One man's weed is another man's flower." That's how it goes, right?

I've walked to school a handful of times without my coat and in short sleeves and my boots have been lying neglected in my entryway for a few weeks at least. The skies have been sunny and thus far free of those horrible dust storms I've heard about. I'm still on my guard, though, and shut my windows when I leave lest I come home to a beach in my living room. I'm sure they're on their way, but I'm enjoying this lovely weather while I can.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Jen, I just got hooked up to the Internet on my new laptop here in Wisconsin. I really liked your Good Friday blog. I still haven't had a chance to borrow the Passion from a friend here but hope to do so this week. Anyway, it's good to be reconnected with you through your blog. Love, Lynn

Ant said...

I am SO glad you finally got some nice weather!

pictures: second time around

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer