
santa cam, originally uploaded by Wanderings.
Cameron. Where do I even begin? I'd like to say that these two pictures just about sum it all up, but that wouldn't be much of a birthday post, would it?
Cameron turned 14 last month. In some ways, he's the typical teenage boy: he's full of energy and has a hard time sitting still when there are a million ideas running through his brain of different things he wants to do ... whether it's looking up new music or movies online, hanging out at the school with friends, playing outside with his siblings, or sharing some new thought with his mom or dad; he's also a big fan of jokes (practical or literal) and often has some joke or trick to show/play/tell/whatever (and I usually fall for them); and, the ultimate mark of a teenage boy, he's always the first one done at the dinner table and the first one looking for a snack afterwards (this kid can eat!).
On the flipside, Cam is sensitive to other people: he hates unresolved issues and works hard to put right any wrongs that he's done (even if they were unintentional); he's a great encourager and doesn't like people to feel bad about themselves; and he's always the first to offer to pray for someone who is hurting or struggling in some way. Though he's the oldest kid in one of my classes (a fact that I know bothers him), he gives his all, gets excited about the books that we're studying, and always has something to say in our debates. Cam has a quick mind and a quicker tongue, which sometimes gets him into trouble when he acts or speaks without a filter, but will be such an asset as he grows older and learns to develop the first and tame the second. I can't wait to see where life takes Cam -- this kid is gonna do some great things.
Cameron turned 14 last month. In some ways, he's the typical teenage boy: he's full of energy and has a hard time sitting still when there are a million ideas running through his brain of different things he wants to do ... whether it's looking up new music or movies online, hanging out at the school with friends, playing outside with his siblings, or sharing some new thought with his mom or dad; he's also a big fan of jokes (practical or literal) and often has some joke or trick to show/play/tell/whatever (and I usually fall for them); and, the ultimate mark of a teenage boy, he's always the first one done at the dinner table and the first one looking for a snack afterwards (this kid can eat!).
On the flipside, Cam is sensitive to other people: he hates unresolved issues and works hard to put right any wrongs that he's done (even if they were unintentional); he's a great encourager and doesn't like people to feel bad about themselves; and he's always the first to offer to pray for someone who is hurting or struggling in some way. Though he's the oldest kid in one of my classes (a fact that I know bothers him), he gives his all, gets excited about the books that we're studying, and always has something to say in our debates. Cam has a quick mind and a quicker tongue, which sometimes gets him into trouble when he acts or speaks without a filter, but will be such an asset as he grows older and learns to develop the first and tame the second. I can't wait to see where life takes Cam -- this kid is gonna do some great things.

Cameron, originally uploaded by Wanderings.
3 comments:
I can hear the love for him in your writing...so beautiful. I hope he appreciates you :)
The way you write about this family...I would LOVE to meet them, they sound wonderful!
I wish you could meet them! You would LOVE them!!!
LOVE that last paragraph. Love it, love it, love it, and love him.
I'm so glad you're there with that family. Of course, if they weren't there, you probably wouldn't be either. So maybe I shall reverse my stance.
Post a Comment