Tastes Like Horse (ed. 14) -- Snacks

07 December 2009

My current faves...



the new string cheese (which is actually called something like Japanese smoked cheese) -- It's salty and smokey and fun to eat. And it has calcium, which I'm pretty sure I don't get enough of here.

horse jerky, curry flavor -- One of the moms at the co-op makes the BEST horse jerky. Don't freak out -- it tastes like a cross between beef and elk. Mmm...

salted seaweed -- Surprisingly tasty and really cheap. Iodine, anyone?

clementines -- I go a bit nuts over clementines and mandarins since it always seems like someone is sick and I really, really don't want it to be me.

soda water -- This is my "splurge" at 50 cents a can, but sometimes I need something cold and bubbly.

red tea with honey -- My apartment is often colder than I'd like and this is the perfect solution -- hot, sweet, no caffeine. You can't actually find rooibos tea here. Fortunately, I still have some from a care package my mom sent me last year.

1 comments:

Lynn said...

That's a neat idea to take a picture and let others know what you snack on in Mongolia! You're a very creative blogger, Jen. :)

pictures: second time around

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer