to worship the King

20 December 2009

The Co-op Christmas program is my favorite event of the year. True -- I've only been present for two of them, but I love the thought and intention the school puts into celebrating the birth of Christ. Instead of using a pre-packaged musical/skit/pageant and casting the students into roles, Mike asks the students to create pieces of worship and response centered around a specific theme.

This is one of the events Carol Beth is most involved in -- she spends the months leading up to program praying through theme ideas, reading and searching Scripture, discussing direction and vision with Mike. Our theme this year was "Worship the King" -- the goal being to understand in a new way the reality that Jesus came not only to be our Savior, but also to be our King.

I worked with the younger kids alongside Carol Beth and we had a blast! I wish I could come back every year for a couple months just to help her get ready for the program. We taught them two songs and worked with them on a recitation of Psalm 145. CB's friend, Liz, came and taught them some sign language to go along with one of the songs.

Here's a short clip of the kids singing and signing:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is fantastic.

P.S. I let Jacob watch the video and he LOVED it!!!

Jen said...

:) Yay! I'm glad Jacob liked it, too! So cute.

pictures: second time around

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer